Digging Through The Fat is a literary and arts journal that publishes prose and poetry from emerging and established writers and poets throughout the year. We are currently recruiting volunteers to join our masthead as Prose and Poetry Editors. Candidates interested in joining us as editors should live in the NYC tri-state area.
Volunteers will not be paid cash, but we will be happy to give you a great reference. As a volunteer, you’re free to leave the position at any time. We ask only that you send us a courtesy note to let us know.
Poetry and Fiction Editors are expected to:
- Make a 2 - 4 hours per week commitment during the following months: February through May, and September through November.
- Read and select promising submissions from the slush pile or through solicitation for the web journal.
- Collaborate/communicate with authors during the revision/editorial process, if necessary.
- Discuss selections with the Editor-In-Chief. The EIC will make final decisions for publication.
- Assist with an biennial anthology and chapbook series selections.
- Reside within the New York City tri-state area.
- Attend a maximum of two in-person editorial meetings per year in a NYC location.
- A paragraph or two explaining why you’d like to join us as editor and why you think you would be a good fit. Include any previous editorial experience, if any, and state your preferred genre.
- A list (or website link) with your previous publications.
- A list of two or three of your favorite pieces published by other people and explain why you chose these pieces.
- A copy of your CV/Resume.
Thank you and good luck!